We congratulate on 100 years of Tempelhof Airport! Since its founding on October 8, 1923, Berlin - Tempelhof Airport was one of the first commercial airports in Germany. The moving company Hertling loaded air freight shipments on the Tempelhofer Field, as can be seen in the historical photo and the model replica by the Hertling model makers. The airport became world famous thanks to the airlift during the Berlin blockade in 1948/49. Air traffic was finally stopped on October 30, 2008. The building, now the largest architectural monument in Europe, and the airfield have been used in a variety of ways since the airport was closed, such as for trade fairs, sports and music events. Refugee accommodation is now also housed in the former hangars. The former airfield is now the world's largest open space in a city. The Berliner Unterwelten e.V. offers very interesting tours through the former airport property.