For over 140 years as a family company we have placed the greatest importance on quality and reliability. This wealth of experience, combined with the constant desire to improve, is our recipe for success. The Hertling company was established by Emil Hertling in Berlin on 28th September 1865. When both sons, Friedrich and Albert Hertling, took over the business on 22nd July 1898, it was relocated to the current property in Berlin-Charlottenburg. The transport fleet was expanded from 30 to more than 100 horses. The proprietors were named the Court removalists of His Majesty the Emperor and King of Prussia in 1910. The Court removalist was domiciled in the immediate proximity of Schloss Charlottenburg.
Already in 1919, following the difficult time during World War 1, Hertling was nominated as the official rail forwarder for the German state railway. Our railway furniture wagons could be found at many railway stations across Europe. Our facilities were completely destroyed in 1945 during several World War 2 bombing raids. The work of reconstruction was undertaken by Emil Hertling – third generation of the family. This was completed in 1952.
On 1st August 1961 a branch office was established in Frankfurt am Main under the direction of Friedrich Hertling – fourth generation of the family. Hertling branches were also established in Düsseldorf and Hamburg by Max Hertling – third generation of the family.
In 1971, Dr Helmut Hertling, Irene Cock-Johnsen and the Managing Director Carl Christian Cock-Johnsen – fourth generation of the family – took over business responsibility for the company in Berlin and for its branches. The fifth generation is already active in the company so that its continuation is certain.
Lothar Mayer and Michael Horn are responsible for directing the business in Frankfurt am Main. Andre Kroll is responsible for the branch in Kruge.
With over 100 employees, more than 70 vehicles and 300 containers, we are engaged in national and international removals and freight forwarding.
All our operations take place on company-owned property consisting of over 40,000 m2. We have around 15,000 m2 of secure storage available. This is equipped with containers, shelves and adjustable file shelving. Continuous training and quality assurance are guarantee for fastidious performance through our exceptional expertise. The list of References confirms this.